Part Six ~ C-Diff/Flagyl/Pain

C-diff is no joke.

People have died from it, and there is a 30% chance of reoccurrence. It's usually found in hospitals and nursing homes and mostly in the elderly. This is why no one would test me for it, and the fact I didn't have a fever. I hardly ever have a fever when I'm sick. Anyway...

I thought I knew what insomnia was, since I've never been one to sleep well. After going through this, I now know what true insomnia is. I was losing my mind, I was so scared, and was not myself in any way shape or form.

The cramping was a next-level pain that I hope to never experience again, and I'd never wish on anyone. To this day, no one can tell me why I experienced what I did. I honestly think it was the Flagyl used to treat the C-diff, but no one in the medical field seems to agree with that.

I scoured the internet looking for ways to alleviate the pain, and to find ways to help me sleep and eat better. I tried chamomile, sleepy time tea, peppermint, and apple cider vinegar. They helped a tiny bit, except for the peppermint. Ugh. That wasn't nice to me. I tried the probiotic thing again, because at this point everything I'd read said I needed to get the bacteria - good and bad - back into my body. The many antibiotics completely wiped ALL bacteria out of my system. None of the probiotics I tried got along with my gut. So I improvised and got capsules that I could open and dump more than half out so they weren't so strong. I still paid for it, so eventually I would swish the contents of the capsule in my mouth and swallow only a few little sips. I figured a little was better than none.

The pain inside my rear was still on fire. My tailbone pain was exacerbated as was the ovary pain. On the positive side; my bowel movements were almost solid. I had no clue what to do. So I just cried a lot because there was nothing else I could do.

I ended up back at the ER - I was at the end of my rope. I remember thinking that the only way the pain would go away is if I would just die. I didn't voice that to anyone. It was scary enough to think it, and couldn't bring myself to say it out loud.

Again, another doc asked if I was drinking alcohol. I explained I wasn't drinking or eating much of anything and pretty much abandoned putting anything on or in me. I quit my vitamins and supplements, quit my deodorant, I used baby shampoo, and all the foods I ate were "clean". I ate one serving of Chobani plain unsweetened yogurt everyday with blueberries. I drank water, almond milk, and Pedialyte. I read labels like it was my job to make sure I wasn't putting any other unnecessary chemicals in or on my body, since everyone thought the drug was interacting with something.

Doc said I was having symptoms as if I was an alcoholic on Antabuse.

At the ER, I had an IV and all of the usual tests; blood/urine.

Doc said the UTI was back and raging in my body, and that the count was VERY HIGH. And again, I had no typical UTI symptoms to speak of. I left the hospital with another script for another antibiotic; Macrobid, and I was given a stack of papers on how to deal with anxiety. I read every inch of those papers, and I knew it all, but even in doing everything it said, my body and my brain were not communicating. There was a major misfire there.

I only had three days left of the Flagyl.  I could to this.

After the first 24 hours, the Macrobid did seem to help take the edge off, so maybe I really did have an honest to god UTI. I don't know, and never will.

Just a couple more days...


Popular Posts